FMSsoftTM design software allows customers to layout, plan and design structures in 3-D made with framing, workstations and conveyor components from the Linear Motion and Assembly Technologies business unit.
FMSsoftTM design software version 7.0 from Bosch Rexroth Corporation’s Linear Motion and Assembly Technologies business unit works with existing installations of AutoCAD® 2000 and later versions to let customers design factory structures and equipment in 3-D using current aluminum framing, ergonomic workstation or conveyor products from Bosch Rexroth. A built-in web link lets users drop FMSsoft-generated aluminum framing parts lists directly into the Bosch Rexroth e-commerce site for immediate pricing and ordering. In addition to saving hours of design time, possibly even days, it also ensures that the customer sees the very latest, most accurate pricing.
MGEsoft updates include:
· Completely updated part numbers;
· More than 70 new modules, including standard profile/end finish configurations and all models of joining plates;
· An improved user interface with new customer friendly “look and feel”;
· New, 3D graphics in module insertion dialog boxes for improved visualization;
· Detailed module views so users can check basic product dimensions before inserting the module into the drawing; and
· Three detail levels to optimize drawing efficiency: the lowest detail level provides main outline of the module, while the highest detail level allows users to see internal module structures, i.e. T-slots and all inside holes of the profile.
The convenient downloadable package includes software modules for each product line, with bending and load analysis tools, ergonomics analysis functions for workstations designed with the software, and human models ranging from the 5th percentile female worker to the 95th percentile male for easy visualization. Also, users of third-party 3D software packages can now save MGEsoft modules for aluminum structural framing in .sat format and open them as 3D solids. 2-D and 3-D files in multiple formats are available for non-AutoCAD users.
The software is free and it can be downloaded at www.boschrexroth-us.com/fmssoft.
In North America, the Bosch Group manufacturers and markets automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial automation and mobile products, power tools and accessories, security technology, packaging equipment and household appliances. Bosch Rexroth Corporation, a merger of Bosch Automation Technology and Rexroth, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. In the year 2003, Bosch Rexroth AG achieved sales of $4.4 billion (3.7 billion Euros) with 25,700 employees.
Under the brand name of Rexroth, the company offers all relevant drive, control and motion technologies: from mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics to electronics and associated services. Rexroth has 500,000 customers in over 80 countries and is an extensive supplier of components and systems for industrial and factory automation and mobile applications.
Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Linear Motion and Assembly Technologies
816 East Third Street
Buchanan, MI 49107
Telephone 1(800) 322-6724
Fax (269) 695-5363