Material Handling Industry (Charlotte, N.C.) announced the recent election of its 2006-2007 Board of Governors. Brian McNamara, President of Southworth International Group, Inc., was elected to the position of Executive Chairman. Colin Wilson, Chief Operating Officer, NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc. was elected to the dual position of Executive Vice Chairman and Chairman--Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA). George W. Prest, President of Prest Rack Inc. was elected to the position of Vice Chair of MHIA. Ralph C. Deger, President of Bushman Equipment, Inc., will serve as Last Retiring Executive Chairman.
The following industry leaders were elected to serve as Vice Chairmen:
- Michael Gonzalez, President & CEO-Interlake Material Handling, Inc.
- Gregg E. Goodner, President-Hytrol Conveyor Company, Inc.
- Willard P. Heddles, President-Tiffin Metal Products Co.
- John M. Hill, Principal-ESYNC
- Daniel J. Quinn, President-Vertical Systems, Inc. LLC
- David D. Reh, President-Gorbel Inc.
- James C. Robertson, Executive Vice President-Cattron Group International
- E. Larry Strayhorn, President-Diamond Phoenix Corporation
- Richard L. Torbeck, President & CEO-Torbeck Industries
- John B. Nofsinger, Chief Executive Officer, Material Handling Industry
Arthur Stroyd, Esq., Partner of ReedSmith LLC will serve as Material Handling Industry General Counsel.
The Board of Governors serves as the Board of Directors for Material Handling Industry. The primary mission of the Board of Governors is the overall governance of Material Handling Industry. The more visible external programming of the Industry takes place through Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA). This mission is accomplished through regularly scheduled activities of the Board, budget and finance, planning and standing committees.
MHIA was formed in 1945 by industry executives as a non-profit national trade association. Material handling and logistics equipment software and systems manufacturers, integrators, third party logistics providers, consultants, simulators and publishers constitute the MHIA membership. MHIA continues its mission to address the more technical and product specific elements of the industry through its product sections and councils. MHIA sponsors educational and trade events such as The Material Handling Show and Conference (NA) and ProMat.