This case history about Peppino Foods, Inc. comes courtesy of METTLER TOLEDO. It has been selected and edited by the MHM editorial staff for clarity, content and style.
Florida-based Peppino Foods, Inc. needed a high speed, high volume wrapper to guarantee freshness of their product. The METTLER TOLEDO SOLO MEGA Wrapper simplified employee training, reduced down time and scheduled maintenance, reduced film usage by 33%, and increased production to 30 packages per minute.
Problem: Florida-based Peppino Foods, Inc. needed a high speed, high volume wrapperto guarantee freshness of their product. The system had to deliver a quality wrap, increase production output, save money on film and maintenance, and be more automated to simplify training and day-to-day operation.
• The fresh sausage manufacturer produces 5,000 packages day, supplying national supermarket chains across the country.
• Shipping, handling and wrapping are critical to ensure freshness for established 24- hour delivery schedule.
• High performance tight wrap without wrinkles or imperfections is important to product freshness and safety.
The METTLER TOLEDO Solution: The SOLO® MEGA Wrapper
• Automation capabilities make easy employee training. Training is quicker and simpler.
• Sensors detect problems and provide self-help to avoid down time, identify employee safety issues and reduce injuries.
• Fewer parts minimizes maintenance problems and prevent breakdowns. Reduced maintenance and breakdowns result in direct cost savings.
• Patented process stretches film to its maximum elasticity and uses a minimum of 20 percent less film than comparable wrappers.
• Better, tighter wrap protects contents and appearance of product.
Results: Annual savings in dollars, time and man-hours.
• Thirty-three percent decrease in film usage.
• Reduction in daily and scheduled maintenance.
• Minimal employee downtime due to ease of changing film roll, identifying and fixing problems.
• Simplified and easier training.
• Increase in production to 30 packages per minute.
MHMonline.com welcomes relevant, exclusive case histories that explain in specific detail the business benefits that new software and material-handling equipment has provided to specific users. Send submissions to Mary Aichlmayr([email protected]), MHM Editor. All submissions will be edited for clarity, content and style.