Seegrid Corporation, the provider of vision-guided mobile robots for the material handling industry, announced the introduction of the GP8 industrial mobile robot for material handling applications. The GP8 (General Purpose Motorized Pallet Jack, 8000 lb. capacity) transports pallets to an assigned location, automatically positions them and returns to the original starting point (or another pre-assigned location) for more work.
The GP8 employs Seegrid’s Industrial Mobile Robotics (IMR) technology which enables it to move through manufacturing, warehousing and distribution operations using stereo cameras to build a reliable 3D map of the environment. The vehicle then uses the map and its own reasoning ability to navigate a predetermined path to complete its assigned transport task.
“The lift truck industry grew out of the need for warehouse workers to have durable equipment to do their work effectively. Industrial mobile robotics means that the same durable equipment now can do some of the work for the warehouse workers,” said Scott Friedman, CEO of Seegrid. “It allows warehouse operators to maintain their hard-learned and hard-earned best practices, while giving them a new tool to address the challenges they face today: Labor shortages, ergonomic and safety issues, and cost reduction.”
The introduction of the GP8 provides fundamental automation changes to material handling organizations:
• Reduced labor costs – The GP8 frees up skilled workers from non value added transport tasks-an expensive use of employee hours.
• Significantly lower costs - Software-based “brains” and controls make for a much simpler physical product available at a much lower cost.
• Flexibility – The GP8 enables step-change automation alongside existing work and is designed to handle on-the-floor additions and changes to work processes. Because the GP8 possesses simple-to-use, advanced IMR technology, it requires no facility modification and can be re-tasked at any time. Move inbound goods in the morning, move parts to manufacturing or packing in the afternoon, and deliver finished products on pallets during the night shift.
• Lower total cost of ownership – Step change your automation and processes at your own pace. The affordable GP8 robot offer rapid payback with one robot. Introduce additional GP8s to scale your cost savings.
• Safety - The Seegrid approach is to not innovate on safety. Instead Seegrid adopts proven, high-end AGV safety technologies with demonstrated track records.
Visit www.seegrid.com for more information.