(WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 27, 2003) Any successful wholesale distribution firm must have a unique set of capabilities that differentiate it from its competition. But how does a company go from acceptable performance to the next extraordinary level?
"Stand out from the Competition!" By Dr. William R. McCleave Jr., PE, and Thomas P. Gale gives wholesaler-distributors four pathways to improvement. They are . . .
• Position. Your unique value proposition and your relationships with supply chain partners.
• Pitch. Your central message and how you deliver it to customers.
• Performance. Business processes: sales, logistics, inventory and other operational functions.
• Proof. Customer-care systems that you can use to boost loyalty.
"Stand out from the Competition!" includes the following:
• Self-assessment tools for help in identifying your company's strengths and weaknesses.
• Distribution-specific models for use in developing, implementing and testing strategy.
• Case studies illustrating how real companies have successfully implemented these principles.
Says Larry Goode, President, wholesaler-distributor E.S. Dygert Co., "This book is different--a strong effort with clear takeaway value. The authors distill a large amount of research and insight into an excellent framework for thinking about the most effective ways a wholesale distribution company can differentiate. The case studies are strong, as are the targeted action items for improvement and self-analysis tools." NAW offers four ways to order:
Go to http://www.naw.org/intro/pubintrostand.html for a 5% online discount.
Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the name and phone number of the person you'd like NAW to call.
Go to http://www.naw.org/orderform.htm for a faxable form.
Call Jamie Yeh at 202-872-0885 to place an order in person.