Werum Software & Systems, a worldwide leader in providing manufacturing IT solutions for the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, has announced the availability of a booklet relating the installation and operational use of its PAS-X BIOTECH manufacturing execution system (MES) at Boehringer Ingelheim's new active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) plant in Biberach, Germany.
The project study describes how Werum's manufacturing execution system provides process reliability, from genetic cell development through large-scale commercial production.
Key tasks of PAS-X BIOTECH in the Boehringer Ingelheim API plant are:
• User administration;
• Warehouse and inventory management for preproportioned WIP containers;
• In-plant material management;
• Batch tracking and batch genealogy;
• Recipe creation with version management;
• Recipe control and execution;
• Finite scheduling;
• Computerized weighing;
• Electronic batch recording;
• Integration of in-process control;
• Equipment maintenance and status administration;
• Integration of the enterprise resources planning system with the distributed control systems supporting shop floor production;
• Date turntable for the integration of data from various external systems.
Werum's international organization ensures efficient and competent global partnerships with its customers through a complete range of specialized services. These principal services include consulting; project management; support services (including a 24/7 hotline); technical coordination and system integration; computer validation; and training for system administrators, system engineers and end users.
For more information, visit www.werum.com.