FedEx Corp. has launched FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics, a supply chain service that is designed to enable customers in high-tech industries – such as telecommunication, semiconductor, and biomedical -- to more efficiently manage high value and time critical inventory by utilizing FedEx Kinko’s stores as forward stocking locations.
The FedEx networks will be utilized for this service, including:
* FedEx Global Supply Chain Services for customer service, operational management centralized parts and device storage, distribution and replenishment;
* FedEx Kinko's and FedEx Express locations for the forward deployment and distribution of parts or devices;
* FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight for next day shipping or other delivery options; and
* FedEx Custom Critical and FedEx Express for urgent, same day service.
FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics will allow customers to deploy replacement parts at FedEx Kinko's centers throughout the U.S., including several 24-hour locations. Many of these facilities are located near hospitals, business centers, and other strategic locations allowing customer representatives to pick up critical replacement parts on a moment's notice. The use of FedEx Kinko's for this service allows customers to keep supplies accessible for an increasingly mobile workforce.
FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics personnel work with customers to first determine how to best position their critical inventories throughout the FedEx network and develop plans to optimize their supply chains. Once the service is in place, orders are fulfilled by identifying the best sourcing locations and transportation option that meets the required delivery time or service level desired by the customer.
Other customer benefits of FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics include:
* A dedicated web site on http://www.fedex.comallowing customers to place orders, manage inventory and obtain order and shipment status.
* Full customer support and single point of contact 24 hours a day, seven days a week from the dedicated FedEx Critical Inventory Logistics customer center.
* Same-day fulfillment and extended order times are provided and the network can be utilized to eliminate the need for regional warehouses.
* Customers are given real-time, next flight out and courier visibility, event notification, monitoring, recovery and proof of delivery.