The Reusable Packaging Association’s (RPA) board of directors approved an aggressive list of strategic tactics to promote the value of reusable packaging in 2011. One of the first was to develop a new interactive website that provides a broad array of industry information and resources related to reusable packaging. It is following that accomplishment with the following:
• Completing Phase II – Acceptance – of the Reusable Packaging Curriculum. In 2010, the RPA completed Phase I – Understanding – of its four-part curriculum. The remaining two phases – Implementation and Refinement – will be completed by the end of 2012.
• Creating a library of presentations, case studies and other vehicles that promote the value of reusable packaging.
• Engaging industry experts by creating new working relationships with academia, public policy and industry experts to promote reuse as a core sustainability strategy in the years ahead.
• Developing strong working relationships with influential industry and governmental groups that drive the demand for reusable products and services.
• Updating the RPA Strategic Plan to better reflect the changing industry.
• Strengthening RPA’s ability to affect important legislative, regulatory and standards activity which could impact members’ businesses.
• Begin efforts to compile reliable data about the reusable packaging industry.
The Reusable Packaging Association is a collaborative effort between manufacturers, poolers, distributors, retailers and educators to promote the environmental, safety, and economic benefits of reusable packaging. For more information, visit http://www.reusables.org or call (703) 224-8284.