More than 25 industry associations from around the world will participate in PACK EXPO International 2006, being held October 29 through November 2 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, allowing attendees to gain insight into trends from specific geographic and market segments of the packaging industry.
Packaging professionals will find these organizations in a special Allied Association Community at the North Hall entrance. The association exhibits will complement the more than 1,900 machinery, materials, components, containers, converting and processing exhibitors currently slated for PACK EXPO and the co-located PROCESS EXPO and CPP EXPO events.
Several of these associations will also participate in The Showcase of Packaging Innovations, a special pavilion of award-winning package designs from around the world.
“This strong presence of allied associations confirms that PACK EXPO International 2006 will truly be the place where the entire packaging industry does business,” said Charles D. Yuska, president of the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (Arlington, Va.), sponsor and producer of the PACK EXPO shows. “Attendees will be exposed to trends and technologies from the entire spectrum of the packaging marketplace, ensuring they find the information they need to commercialize new concepts efficiently and quickly.”
The following associations will be of special interest to the material handling community:Adhesive and Sealant Council
- Aluminum Foil Containers Manufacturers Association
- Automated Imaging Association
- Closure Manufacturers Association
- Fibre Box Association
- Flexible Packaging Association
- Foodservice & Packaging Institute
- Healthcare Compliance Packaging Council
- International Molded Pulp Environmental Packaging Association
- Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP)
- ISTA (International Safe Transit Association)
- National Confectioners Association
- Paperboard Packaging Council
- Robotic Industries Association
Source: PACK EXPO International 2006