EVERETT, Wash.- Intermec Inc., today announced the CK3 mobile computer which delivers highly adaptable data and image capture capabilities, along with secure wireless communications, all in a highly durable handheld package. The CK3 was specifically designed for warehouse operations and incorporates many capabilities never available before in one device, including:
• 1D and 2D barcode scanning, both up-close and far-away, in any orientation and under varied lighting conditions. Offers unmatched performance on poor quality and damaged barcodes.
• 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Radio with Cisco® Compatible Extensions (CCX) certification
• VoIP communications supported
• Speech recognition capable
• Bluetooth® radio communications
• Handheld or “gun” deployment formats
• RFID Reader option
• Support for a line of compatible Intermec mobile printers
The CK3 begins shipping in late October, and is the second Intermec rugged mobile computer to operate on Windows Mobile 6.1. The CK3 has a complete line of accessories including a variety of docking stations, attachable scan handle, and a snap-on IP30 handheld RFID reader.
In preparing the CK3 for introduction, Intermec provided a wide variety of solution development partners with early access to the CK3 platform to ensure all of the most popular industrial-class applications are available for immediate deployment. The partners were selected based on their demonstrated expertise in serving the rugged mobile computer marketplace.
“At a time when the economy and our customers are demanding immediate solutions that streamline operations, maximize efficiencies, and reduce costs, the CK3 and our global solution partners are ready to respond,” said Patrick J. Byrne, President & CEO of Intermec.
The entire Intermec partner community of Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators can immediately begin placing orders for the CK3 product line from authorized Intermec Distributors.
"ScanSource is excited about the introduction of the Intermec CK3 as an industry-leading rugged mobile computer," said Mike Baur, CEO of ScanSource. "This latest innovation from Intermec helps extend their leading position in the AIDC industry, and we're looking forward to witnessing the strong impact it will have on end-users."
Intermec CK3 Solution Partners:
• Acsis - www.acsisinc.com
• Bridgelogix - www.bridgelogix.com
• CDC Global Services (Catalyst) www.catalystinternational.com
• ClearOrbit - www.clearorbit.com
• Computer Task Group - www.ctg.com
• Data Capture Solutions - www.datacapturesolutions.com
• Denali Advanced Integration - www.denaliai.com
• DSI - www.dsionline.com
• Eagle – www.eaglecondev.com
• Genesta - www.genesta.com
• HighJump - www.highjump.com
• ICS – www.icsfl.com
• Infologix - www.infologix.com
• Informs – www.informsinc.com
• Integrated Warehouse Solutions - www.irmswms.com
• Interan - www.interan.net
• Jade - www.jadeonline.co.uk
• Lawson – www.lawson.com
• Lowry – www.lowrycomputer.com
• MCL Technologies - www.mcl-collection.com
• Nutech Systems - www.nutechsystems.com
• OCR – www.ocr.ca
• Qdata - www.qdata.com
• Radley Corporation - www.radley.com
• RedPrairie - www.redprairie.com
• Ryzex - www.ryzex.com
• SOTI – www.soti.net
• TABLETmedia -www.tabletmedia.com
• Vocollect -www.vocollect.com
• Wavelink – www.wavelink.com
For more information about the Intermec CK3 visit, www.intermec.com