Equipment Inc. was presented Nissan Forklift’s 2003 President’s Award by Mark Akabori, Nissan president. Joe Schmelzer, president of Equipment Inc., Jackson, Mississippi, accepted the award.
Established 14 years ago, Nissan’s President’s Award identifies the one dealership whose annual contributions demonstrate success in new equipment sales, parts sales and service excellence. One of Nissan Motor’s top suppliers for the Canton, Mississippi, automotive plant, this was the first time Equipment Inc. has received the President’s Award.
Akabori recognized Equipment Inc. as a loyal Nissan dealer for nearly 35 years and a Nissan Nine recipient many times. Its service organization has been recognized for its success and has earned Nissan’s SEP Award several years in a row.
Akabori said, “Joe Schmelzer has shown his commitment to the industry as an active member of the MHEDA organization and to Nissan Forklift as a former president and council member of our President’s Dealer Advisory Group.”
Those named as 2003 Nissan Nine dealerships were:
• CFE Equipment Corp., Norfolk, Virginia;
• Dyna-Lift Inc., Montgomery, Alabama;
• Equipment Inc., Jackson, Mississippi;
• HOJ Forklift Systems, Salt Lake City;
• J.M. Equipment Co. Inc., Modesto, California;
• Lift Truck Service Center, Little Rock, Arkansas;
• M & L Industries Inc., Houma, Louisiana;
• Material Handling Services, Carol Stream, Illinois;
• New England Industrial Truck, Woburn, Massachusetts.
For more information, visit www.nissanforklift.com.