Hytrel® is a thermoplastic polyester elastomer of high durability and flexibility. Hytrel® belts are available with or without carcass reinforcement.
General Hytrel® Belt Applications
Many industries prefer to use Hytrel® belts, i.e. as Drive Belts, Conveyor Belts, Weighing Belts, Process Belts, Vacuum Belts, Vacuum Timing Belts, Thermo Belts, Food Processing Belts, ATM-Bill Ejector Belts (see picture), and Credit Card Transfer Belts.
Reinforced Hytrel® belts have unique characteristics and are used (but not limited to) the following:
* Drive belts for low temperatures
* Transversally stiff belts (also applicable for edge guiding)
* Machine belts for paper conveying
* Machine belts for printing industry
* Conveying belts for personal hygiene industry
* Vacuum conveyors (perforations as per customer requirements, hole diameters from 1.5 mm up to 12 mm)
Hytrel® belts without reinforcement have unique characteristics and are used (but not limited to) the following:
* Used with fixed shaft centers
* Used as matched sets
* Excellent running properties
* Paper and receipt conveying (ATMs)
* Check sorting
* Credit card feeder
* Vacuum conveyors (perforations as per customer requirements, hole diameters from 1.5 mm up to 12 mm)* Weighing belts
Properties of Hytrel®:
* abrasion resistant
* very good long term fatigue resistance
* flexible at temperatures as low as - 40°C (- 40°F)
* good tear resistance
* minor loss of tension during operation
* very good resistance to microbes and weather
* very good resistance to mineral oils, grease, water, alcohols and glycols
Hytrel® belts are available in various combinations to address shore hardness, temperature range, antistatic properties, coefficients of friction, shaft loads, and color and surface properties.
Remember Hytrel® endless woven or non-reinforced Hytrel® flat belts are manufactured endless without any weld or connecting area for outstanding functioning and running performance.
Please contact BRECOflex Applications Engineering for free assistance by calling 1 (888) 463-1400 or request information from our website at www.brecoflex.com .
* Free Engineering Support
Michele La Valle
BRECOflex CO., L.L.C.
PO Box 829
222 Industrial Way West
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Phone: (732) 460-9500 x221
Fax: (732) 542-6725
e-mail: [email protected]