Tennant Company Introduces Industry’s First Single-System Scrubber-Sweeper with FloorSmart™ . New Tennant M20 offers lifetime value, maximum productivity, and increased safety
MINNEAPOLIS—May 15, 2006—Tennant Company (NYSE: TNC), one of the world’s leading manufacturers of surface maintenance equipment, today introduces its revolutionary M20 Scrubber-Sweeper, the cleaning industry’s first-ever integrated, single-system scrubber-sweeper. The M20 is the only industrial floor cleaning machine that eliminates the complexity of traditional sweeper-scrubbers (two machines bolted together) by combining a scrubber and a sweeper into a single system called FloorSmart™ with a high-capacity, high-dump hopper and dry dust control, allowing the M20 to deliver superior cleaning results at a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The M20 is an easy-to-use, simple-to-maintain integrated scrubber-sweeper with dramatically fewer moving parts resulting in more uptime, less downtime, and the maximum in long-life productivity.
“Tennant Company has a proud history of developing new cleaning technologies that meet our industrial customers’ needs. The Tennant M20 continues this legacy,” said Steven Coopersmith, vice president of global marketing for Tennant Company. “Years of research and deep customer insights were combined to develop the M20, a machine with outstanding cleaning performance that lowers our customers’ total cost of ownership."
The Tennant M20 is Underwriters Laboratory (UL®)-certified, demonstrating that it meets UL’s high safety standards. Some of the most noteworthy and unique Tennant M20 innovations that together provide consistent cleaning, lifetime value, maximum productivity, and increased safety include:
· FloorSmart™—A patent-pending integrated scrubbing and sweeping system that features two main brushes as well as a high-capacity, high-dump hopper with dry dust control. The system allows users to dry sweep or wet scrub or do both simultaneously using the same two brushes.
· MaxPro²™ Hydraulic Technology—Provides consistent power to the brush drive motors to deliver superior cleaning results.
· Dura-Track™ Parabolic Squeegee—Designed with high tensile strength steel to maintain its original structure without bending under pressure delivering best-in-class performance and connected with a SmartRelease™ breakaway system that protects against damage to the squeegee frame and floor if the squeegee breaks away.
· FaST® (Foam-activated Scrubbing Technology)—A patented system that is NFSI (National Floor Safety Institute) certified as increasing floor traction up to 21%, delivering just-scrubbed floors that are immediately clean, quickly dry, and ready for traffic.
· Hygenic® Tanks with Variable Drain Valve™—Allow users to quickly and easily access, inspect, and sanitize the recovery and solution tanks. Variable Drain Valve™—controls the flow of both solution and recovered water to empty tanks without the traditional fuss and mess.
The Tennant M20 offers a 40- to 56-inch cleaning path, a 125-gallon solution/recovery usable tank capacity, and a 3.9-cubic foot usable hopper. It requires no tools to change the brush, squeegee, or new washable synthetic dust filter, which filters at 99% overall efficiency.
About Tennant Company
Minneapolis-based Tennant Company (NYSE: TNC) is a world leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that help create a cleaner, safer world. Marketed under the Tennant® and Nobles® brands, Tennant Company products include equipment for maintaining surfaces in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading concrete floors. Tennant's global field service network is the most extensive in the industry. Tennant has manufacturing operations in Minneapolis, Minn., Holland, Mich., Uden, The Netherlands, Northampton, United Kingdom, and Shanghai, China, and sells products directly in 15 countries and through distributors in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.tennantco.com.