MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN, HK Systems, Inc., announced the release of their enhanced Material Tracking and Control Software (MTC) version 8.7.3 to manage Work-In-Process (WIP), Finished Goods Inventory and Labor for commercial printers.
With more than fifty new commercial print specific material tracking and control enhancements to the product, HK Systems’ MTC continues to be a premier industry tool that provides point solutions specifically designed for the commercial print industry.
Key functionality of the enhanced MTC release includes:
- JSRS and Prograph Production Planning Integration
- Enhanced Title Management Monitoring Functionality
- Enhanced Plant-to-Plant Transfer Functionality to Support Co-Mail/Consolidation Facilities
- Enhanced Automatic Labor Task Management to Increase Labor Productivity
- Enhanced Stage by Weight Shipping Functionality to Increase Trailer Utilization/Reduce Shipping Cost
- Enhanced Production Order Management that includes Bindery Pre-Staging which Streamlines Flow of Larger Production Runs
The majority of the added functionality was directed towards ease of integration with planning systems, configuration of the product, and functionality to increase WIP material handling labor productivity.
Scott Hinke, HK Systems’ Vice President, Paper and Publishing Vertical Markets, stated, “Our partnership with industry leaders allowed the HK team to enhance product functionality unique to commercial printers and prove out the enhancements in a production environment.” Hinke continued, “This ensured the functionality added to manage their WIP and Finished Goods inventory and labor met the business needs of the clients and maximized their return on investment.”
For more information regarding HK Systems, its products and/or services for newspaper and commercial printing industries, call 1-800-HKSYSTEMS or visit www.hksystems.com.