“Our customers put their trust in Parasolid’s robust functionality, ease-of-use, broad platform support and unmatched reliability so they can focus their efforts on creating value added capabilities for their own product development solutions,” said Bruce Feldt, vice president of Open Tools for UGS. “The enhancements in Parasolid V16.1 demonstrate UGS’ commitment to continue to earn that trust and to maintain our market leadership by further expanding our customers’ ability to deliver their unique offerings to the widest possible market.”
Robust function, reliability and ease-of-use
Parasolid V16.1 includes the following key functional enhancements:
· Embossing: New functionality to support the flexible application and shaping of embossed features including local controls and tapering options
· Advanced surfacing: New locked-profile sweeping and B-spline surface extensions for improved control over advanced shape constructions
· Curve modeling: Additional B-spline capabilities to enable more versatile curve construction including curve extension, approximation and editing
· Blending: Increased flexibility in limiting, configuring and ordering blends to enhance ease-of-use and increase automation of complex blend operations
· Faceting: Increased local control of facet density and refinement to help optimize meshing and machining applications
With Parasolid V16.1, UGS has continued to add enhancements that set new standards in modeling productivity and reliability. As a result, Parasolid customers are able to continually increase the levels of modeling automation that drive today’s most advanced applications.
Expanded Linux support
Parasolid V16.1 is now available on 64-bit x86 Linux operating systems, further expanding its broad platform support. This new 64-bit Linux support complies with the newly-released Linux Standards Base (LSB) 2.0 specifications, created by the Free Standards Group. Parasolid is also available on 32-bit x86 Linux, and complies with LSB 1.3 and LSB 2.0. The latest LSB standards provide for binary compatibility of applications and libraries between all Linux distributions that support LSB 2.0, simplifying the task of supporting the increasingly popular Linux platform for Parasolid adopters.
Parasolid, one of the software products in UGS’ PLM Components suite of solutions, provides the geometric modeling foundation for many of the world’s leading computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering analysis (CAD/CAM/CAE) applications. UGS develops Parasolid, uses it throughout its product development applications and licenses it to independent software vendors (ISVs) and end-user organizations on a “level playing field” policy that ensures all licensees have equal access to Parasolid updates and enhancements.
UGS is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with more than 3.3 million licensed seats and 42,000 clients worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company promotes openness and standardization and works collaboratively with its clients in creating enterprise solutions enabling them to transform their process of innovation and thus begin to capture the value of PLM. For more information on UGS products and services, visit www.ugs.com.