Warehouse and Distribution Centers Workers Gain the Convenience of Wireless Printing for Supply-Chain Applications
IRVINE, Calif.--Printronix Inc., a global leader of integrated supply-chain printing solutions, today introduced the Printronix PrintCart, a next-generation mobile workstation for demanding wireless printing and business applications. The innovative three-mode “self-defending” controller automatically balances business needs with optimal power system performance. It is ideal for supply-chain environments requiring the convenience of mobile printing and the robustness of Printronix’s 4- or 6-inch thermal bar code printing solutions.
“We designed the PrintCart with on-the-go warehouse and distribution center workers and applications in mind,” said Andrew Moore, senior product marketing manager, Printronix. “There are no controls to operate; the cart switches equipment to locally available power sources automatically while simultaneously charging the battery.”
Printronix embedded its new PrintCart with design features requested by users in the field. The PrintCart offers maximum readiness with a power system that is replaceable in less than 10 minutes and off-the-shelf power cords that any user can replace in less than one minute without tools. Available in France, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States, the PrintCart also accepts a wide range of locally available battery sizes and terminal styles.
PrintCart users will benefit from key features rarely seen in competitive units:
- Power a printer and terminal for more than 12 hours with a standard battery or 18 hours with an extended battery
- Recharge the battery fully in approximately 4 hours
- Manage energy sources automatically with the integrated charger-inverter-transfer switch
- Gauge battery status with one glance at the easy-to-read display panel with battery status
- Be forewarned of battery exhaustion with audible recharge alarm and advance warning system
- Service easily with pull-out printer shelf
- Navigate shop floors and maze-like distribution centers without difficultly thanks to the PrintCart’s rugged, powder-coated, welded-steel frame; short wheel base; large, ball-bearing wheels; and large stainless steel work surface
The PrintCart is available to order today from Printronix by calling 800-665-6210 or its network of distribution and reseller partners. Learn more at www.printronix.com.