JDA Software Group Inc. has added new capabilities to its JDA Manufacturing Planning solution, including intelligent and prescriptive demand-supply planning, real-time and collaborative cross-functional scenario analyses, and an in-memory foundation for an always-on supply chain.
These capabilities allow manufacturers to proactively plan risk-aware strategies, optimize business performance, and respond to disruptive events. JDA’s Manufacturing Planning solution operates on a single platform, spanning diverse supply chain processes such as network design, sales and operations planning, demand, inventory and supply planning, order promising, production scheduling, procurement and cross-enterprise collaboration.
New capabilities within JDA Manufacturing Planning enable:
• Always-on synchronization, providing a comprehensive control tower view of all demand and supply activities. This single, shared in-memory model spans all demand and supply functions, including all related dependencies and constraints. Using the in-memory control tower, a change anywhere can be immediately seen and propagated across the entire portfolio and supply chain, and shared between demand and supply planners.
• Real-time collaboration and reconciliation capability to drive consensus and alignment. The solution’s in-memory computing framework facilitates real-time reconciliation and synchronization of top-down and bottom-up inputs across demand and supply processes. User judgments can be incorporated in real-time to enable interactive and collaborative consensus planning.
• Predictive analytics to enable end-to-end scenario planning across demand and supply. Built-in planning and simulation capabilities enable users to predict performance outcomes of decisions or changes. This allows planners to explore alternate strategies and build consensus on contingency plans before enacting the most effective and profitable decisions.
• Prescriptive analytics with guided levers resolve demand, supply and business performance exceptions. Prescriptive resolution levers and playbooks are available to help orchestrate consistent business processes and response actions across demand and supply activities. The solution helps identify potential problems and suggests appropriate resolution actions before any material impact to the business.
• New in-memory workflows increasing planning agility across all manufacturing functions. Forecasting workflows leverage enhanced in-memory computing and Excel to maximize user adoption and information transfer. In-memory workflows also improve scalability, enabling manufacturers to handle larger scenario models with low-memory requirements.