UNEX Manufacturing Inc. has introduced Pick-Plank, a mechanical order-picking device that affixes to a pallet and converts each pick slot from a static to a dynamic storage position, allowing all items on a pallet to be accessible from the aisle. It is suitable for case picking less than full pallet from a man aboard order picker, eliminating the need for the picker to have to reach or crawl into the storage position.
The Pick-Plank is made of industrial steel to hold up to 1200 lbs. Once items in the front are picked, the worker unlocks the guide and slides the back half of the pallet to the front position, moving all products to the front of the aisle.
Features of the Pick-Plank solution include:
• Retrofits to any standard GMA pallet.
• Solid surface carrier allows typically un-conveyable items due to packaging, shape and size to be carried.
• Locking, self-contained pull bar stabilizes loads during transportation.
• Movable carrier allows rear half of load to move to the front, allowing workers to pick products more ergonomically with minimal reach. It eliminates the need for entry clearance and maximizes storage density.
• Roller bearing carrier slide pulls items forward with gentle force.