UPS made the following statement:
UPS has implemented contingency plans to continue limited operations. “We are committed to doing everything it takes to minimize the impact to our customers and their businesses. UPS remains committed to reaching a solution as quickly as possible,” said Rice.
As a result of the work stoppage, the following conditions are in effect for UPS courier service in Canada:
- All packages currently in the UPS Canada system will be delivered.
- All customer pick ups within Canada are suspended.
- All UPS ground shipments into Canada (UPS Standard to Canada) are suspended.
- All delivery guarantees on shipments sent to and within Canada are suspended.
- UPS will continue to deliver UPS Worldwide Express and UPS Worldwide Expedited into Canada but shipments may experience some delays.
This labor situation affects UPS Canada operations only and will have no effect on UPS operations outside of Canada.