Freight transportation provider Averitt Express has begun providing intermodal services as part of its full-load/volume transportation services package. Averitt will provide intermodal coverage through strategic relationships with several railroads: Union Pacific and BNSF in the West, Norfolk Southern in the East and Midwest, CSX in the East and Midwest, and Florida East Coast in the states of Georgia and Florida.
Averitt's intermodal coverage will include both container on flat car (COFC) and trailer on flat car (TOFC) services and will extend to all 48 contiguous states. Averitt's flexible offering will involve door-to-door, ramp-to-ramp, ramp-to-door and door-to-ramp options.
In order from slowest to fastest transit, Averitt's full-load/volume transportation services package now includes:
● Intermodal / container on flat car (COFC)
● Intermodal / trailer on flat car (TOFC)
● Solo over-the-road (asset-based and truckload brokerage)
● Intermodal / expedited trailer on flat car (TOFC)
● Team over-the-road (asset-based and truckload brokerage).