In 2004 AIM has been working toward the establishment of a chapter organization to serve vendors and solution providers in Korea. This effort has culminated in a formal launch of the chapter.
“AIM Korea will play an important role in educating users and service providers about Automatic Identification and Mobility solutions,” said Dan Mullen, AIM president. “I am sure Korea will experience tremendous demand of identification and mobility technologies in coming years.”
“In Korea, there is an increasing interest in -- and a high demand for -- AIDC technologies, in particular, RFID,” said Seung-Sik Kim, president of AIM Korea. “AIM Korea will make devoted efforts to support and promote the AIDC industry in Korea.î”
According to Kim, “The economy of Korea is booming and one typical example is the retail industry, especially, the discount store market. We will work together with AIM Korea to arrange a conference to tap into this lucrative retail market, AIM members who are interested in participating in the retail conference should contact me directly at [email protected].”
The chartering of AIM Korea represents one element of AIM Global’s Outreach Initiative to promote the use and growth of automatic identification and mobility solutions and services in new geographic regions and vertical markets.
AIM Global provides several important services to AIM members in the region, local AIM Chapters such as AIM Korea and end users seeking information on AIM solutions. Some of the more important services are as follows:
• Facilitate and maintain a consistent flow of information and expertise on new identification and mobility solutions and standards.
• Provide speakers for regional events targeted for users of identification and mobility technology.
• Serve as facilitator for international companies exploring the Asia/Pacific markets.
• Develop and implement an active new member recruitment program.
• Host regional networking events.
• Facilitate the translation of AIM literature into local languages.