Back this year are the popular pavilions, featuring focused presentations of the industry's hottest topics.
- Contract Packaging. The prominence of contract packaging services is recognized in this pavilion. It is a great starting point to assess a project and explore options provided by contract packagers.
- Packaging Security. This pavilion topic began last year at Pack Expo International and was an overwhelming success. The focus is on packaging initiatives and technologies to guard against bioterrorism, tampering, counterfeiting and other security concerns.
- RFID Pavilion. The radio frequency identification pavilion highlights solutions that meet requirements of the entire supply chain, and its need to get beyond the current slap-and-ship approach to labeling. All the advances in tagging cases and pallets will be featured.
- Showcase of Packaging Innovations. If you've ever wondered if something was possible, this is the place to see how it is done. Designs showcased include 75 award-winning packaging innovations from seven packaging organizations.
- Containers and Materials Pavilion. This pavilion immerses you in material, containers and converting machinery ideas. From point-of-purchase displays to shipping containers, it's all here.
Some things to watch for
Inflatable Packaging on Demand
Sealed Air, www.sealedair.com
Flexible Semi-Automatic Stretch Wrapper
In-Line Technology for Printing Bar Codes
Improved Case Erector
Combi Packaging Systems LLC, www.combi.com
Matthews International, www.matthewsmarking.com
Floor Labeling System
If constant pallet and lift truck traffic is ripping the markings from your floors, Aigner Index has a solution. This system uses a heavy-duty, 5 x 7-inch aluminum frame in combination with a replaceable, 3 x 5-inch, selfadhesive, .012-inch thick, custom imprinted aluminum label which inserts inside the protective frame. To change a label simply pop it out and insert a new one.
Aigner Index, Inc., www.aignerindex.com
New Security Tape
Better Packages will introduce its reinforced BetterSeal Secure Tape. The reinforced tape, which is part of a new, complete line of water-activated tapes, provides a strong, tamper-evident seal when used on corrugated cartons.
Better Packages, www.BetterPackages.com
Robot End of Arm Tool
Specifically designed to address the difficult task of picking full layer quantities of recyclable beverage trays, this tool is equally capable of handling almost all varieties of case packed goods.
Sage Automation, www.sagerobot.com
Updates to Motorized Conveyor
FKI Logistex, www.fkilogistex.com
Low-Speed Case Erector
Powered roller for Heavier Loads
Interroll Corporation, www.interroll.us
Hand-Held Graphic Interface Now Standard
MARKEM Corporation, www.markem.com
Robots for Packaging
KUKA Robotics Corporation, a manufacturer of industrial robots, announced it has signed Nercon Engineering and Manufacturing Inc. (Oshkosh, Wis.) as its newest system partner. The companies will work together to deliver expanded automation offerings to the packaging and material handling markets. Nercon is a full-service engineering company and a manufacturer of custom material handling equipment and conveyor systems serving primarily Fortune 500 companies.
KUKA Robotics, www.kuka.com
Small-Character Ink Jet Printer
Schneider Packaging Equipment Co., www.schneiderequip.com
Mobile Printing for Lift Trucks
Paragon Data System, Inc., www.paragondsi.com