Atlanta, GA — Ecospan™ answers the question can a structural floor system be easy to install, cost-effective and green? The Ecospan™ composite floor system from Vulcraft offers all these advantages and many more. Made with 99% recycled steel in the joists and 70% recycled steel in the decking, Ecospan provides all steel, open web structural components with a lighter weight composite design for elevated floor construction.
Ecospan’s™ advantages include:
• Versatility: Can be used with any wall framing design. Composite design allows for longer span.
• Flexibility: 48” on center joists mean easier design and layout and the spacing can be adjusted to increase efficiency. Spacing also makes designing and installing HVAC, electrical and sprinkler systems easier.
• Stability: Lightweight, shallow joists mean greater rigidity. Successfully tested for structural capacity by VA Tech.
• Innovation: System uses a unique, patented screw-down shear connector, Shearflex, which is installed with a specially designed manual tool included with the system.
• Economy: Simple, fast installation means no learning curve for steel erectors and saves time and money. No wood, shoring or stripping needed.
• Speed: Time required to install each Shearflex connector is 3 to 6 seconds, significantly less time than other floor system installation techniques.
• Simplicity: Once the decking is installed, the floor system is complete and concrete can be poured immediately.
• Safety: Provides a safe, stable working platform in a single step which can reduce construction liability. Non-combustible with UL fire resistance rating of G-561 for 1, 2 and 3 hours.
• Noise reduction: Successfully tested for noise reduction by Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories and received a sound transmission classification of 57.
• Availability: Joist and decking materials are standard and produced at all Vulcraft facilities across the U.S. which cuts freight costs and speeds materials to the jobsite.
Ecospan™ is ideal for a wide range of project types including condos, apartments, senior living and care facilities, dorms, hotels and resorts, office buildings and medical facilities. A safe, innovative new choice for floor systems, Ecospan™ helps cut building costs while offering the advantages of green building materials that can help projects qualify for LEED certification.
To learn more about Ecospan™ Composite Floor System, visit www.ecospan-usa.com