YORK, PA — Red Lion Controls, Inc. announces the Plant Floor Marquee (PFM) series of highly visible, multi-color LED displays. Optimized for communicating critical machine status and production data instantly across the plant floor, the largest PFM is easily readable at distances up to 600 feet (182 meters). The PFM series features a graphical 3-color display—available in four sizes—that can convey production targets, machine faults and other custom messages.
By delivering real-time updates, the PFM keeps personnel informed of production trends and status, improving productivity. It can also be programmed to display machine stoppages, allowing any equipment failures to be quickly addressed—reducing downtime.
The PFM takes advantage of the powerful features of a Red Lion G3 series HMI, Data Station® Plus or Modular Controller as a host device to display the text and graphics on the PFM. Red Lion’s host devices and free Crimson® software allow the PFM to receive message data from virtually any device on the factory floor, supporting over 170 different protocols and the ability to send and receive data from seven or more device types simultaneously.
“Communication and production awareness play a critical role in plant productivity—and the PFM conveys production trends, goals and equipment status to keep operators up-to-date,” said Jesse Benefiel, Red Lion product manager. “The PFM, when coupled with a Red Lion host, can log data from all the connected devices to the host’s on-board CompactFlash® card, upload it to an FTP server and e-mail it anywhere in the world.” Benefiel adds, “Using a Red Lion host allows the PFM screen text and graphics to be viewed and managed by any web browser and also allows remote configuration of the PFM.”
The PFM using a Red Lion host offers several additional features for enhanced usability and unprecedented flexibility, including:
• Uses vibrant green, yellow and red LEDs to clearly present plant floor data
• Offers four sizes, ranging from 26" x 6.6" at 80 x 16 resolution to 39.3" x 22.5" at 120 x 64 resolution
• Sends and receives data from seven or more device types simultaneously
• Incorporates bar graphs, custom symbols and other graphics to display production trends and goals
• Presents data from a single device or uses custom calculations to display optimized production data from
• Conveys equipment status and alarm conditions for simple troubleshooting
• Sends text (SMS) messages when alarms are triggered
• Features an addressable RS-485 port to support multidrop wiring
Applications. With four models available, the PFM series caters to a broad range of applications, displaying critical information such as:
• Production goals
• Equipment status
• Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
• Uptime and downtime measurement
• Alarm conditions
• Cause of machine stoppages
• General production announcements
For more information, or to find the Red Lion distributor nearest you, go to www.redlion.net or contact: Red Lion Controls, Inc., 20 Willow Springs Circle, York, PA 17406; (717)767-6511.