American small business owners and equipment dealers are feeling more optimistic about the nation’s economy, and many of them are seeing increased revenues in 2013, according to the results of a nationwide online survey of small businesses and equipment vendors done by Balboa Capital, providers of small business loans and equipment leasing.
Highlights of the survey results include:
- 72% of small business owners feel the U.S. economy is improving; 43% are extremely confident about the economy;
- 39% of small business owners are seeing increased revenues this year;
- 58% of equipment vendors are seeing increased revenues this year;
- 88% of equipment vendors are confident about the future of their businesses;
- The most common investment goals among small business owners include business expansion (34%), marketing (21%), increasing staff (20%) and purchasing equipment (13%);
- 31% of small businesses financed capital equipment this year.