Symbol Technologies Inc. has introduced an enterprise mobility tool targeted at the retail and transportation and logistics industries. The new Symbol MC3000 handheld is a small, lightweight, highly ergonomic, rugged mobile computer, designed for businesses seeking to increase productivity and flexibility from in-store and backroom data capture applications. The new MC3000 handheld is based on the latest Intel XScale processor with intuitive Microsoft Windows CE .NET computing platform.
The MC3000 is designed for the retail worker who performs tasks such as inventory replenishment, price audits, warehouse shipping/receiving and other scan-intensive applications. The MC3000 device can also be used to increase the productivity of workers who require a secure, rugged device in the transportation and logistics industries.
The MC3000 handheld features are designed to support enterprise mobility strategies and include:
* Advanced scanning and imaging technologies to quickly, accurately and efficiently capture mission-critical information in both batch and WLAN configurations;
* Adjustable rotating scan turret with left, right and front positions to allow the user to adjust the scanning positions for increased comfort and productivity;
* Crisp and clear resolution display for easier and more comfortable viewing;
* Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b and 802.11g) connectivity to effectively move the captured information; and
* Support for Symbol's Mobility Services Platform (MSP) agent, enabling corporations to monitor and manage the handhelds in real-time via a centralized Symbol MSP console.